Monday, June 16, 2008

Humility

Some days you have your legs and on those days, you ride hard, with passion, and smile for all is good. Other days you just suffer and get it done. Still others, you get your legs ripped off like I did today. I hit my stage 1 goal for the week of 50 miles today but it hurt. The first 11 1/2 were into work up Rex hill and Hauggen road. In the afternoon, Rob said let's get crazy and we road up over Gibbs cementary and down North Valley, around Caulkins road and to Rob's house. He just got a new LeMond Zurich. We all know how we feel with a new bike. Yeah, he rode it like he stole it and I got picked up by the bike police. Yeeeoooowwwww! Pain! After the pain, I dropped him off and headed out Wilsonville road and up Coral Creek. I had to get my 50 in but somewhere on Coral Creek I hit the wall and just pedaled to get to the top so I could get home. The road was angry today my friend. Humility...but I live to ride again another day.

2 comments:

C and C Beecher said...

wait until you see the bike jens just bought! : )

C and C Beecher said...

comes with a subwolfer