Saturday, June 14, 2008

Aged Manure

It has been a busy week. Riding to work, work itself, mutual, band concert, last day of school, prepping for the family's trip, and prepping for my trip. All a barrel of fun and excitement. Monday night Cassie had her final concert. She did well and I enjoyed being there to be a part of her concert. I rode in to work on Monday, up over Hauggen rode, all 1200 feet of climbing over three miles. Having done this several times over the last few weeks really paid off during the century today. Tuesday was mutual and combined activity - a little get ready to end school party and games. Wednesday - more riding to work and hanging with the C. Thurday - Hauggen road and prepping for the different trips, packing cars, cleaning the house, staying up too late. Friday, the family packed up and left. I am sad that they left for a couple weeks but happy for them that they get to see some family and friends. There is a little jealousy mixed in as well. Friday afternoon, after work, I got in the car and drove to Tacoma. Hung a little bit with my brother and then up to Redmond for a night stay at the hotel.

We got up and got ready to roll. We were on the road by 7:45 AM. We had to wait for it to warm up, relatively speaking. The ride was nice. A couple of hills early on but quite nice. I rode primarily with the BikeFather (BF) but to close out each 50 miles, I did some speed work for 15 to 20 miles. The last 20 of the ride started with a nice climb and then some rollers by the lake and to the finish line. The pay off was the Father's Day present from my mom - a sports massage after the ride. Nice! It really helped to work out the lactic acid. I feel pretty good right now as I sit here and write. All told for the week, 172+ miles. The plan for next week is to ride 150 during the week and get in a nice ride on Saturday to bust the 200 mile mark for the week. No need to be bored at home. I'll just ride.

STP is only four weeks away.

No comments: