Friday, June 20, 2008

Empathy


As I was riding home last night, up another climb, I have gained empathy for the pros - having to ride hills day in and day out and the toll it takes upon the body. I am reading Floyd's book right now and he is talking about his first TdF. He asks Big George after the first week if the tour is always this hard. George's response is classic, "No, it gets harder." Wow! My legs were semi-toast last night so I only rode 34 miles. I am not exactly where I wanted to be by this time but I am close to my weekly goal of 200. Only a 60 miler on Saturday and I will be over the 200 mile mark for the week. A lot of the preparation for the STP is mental. Being able to hit the 200 mile mark in the week is a big step on being ready for me.


Only three more weeks to the ride.

1 comment:

OB12OLD said...

I didn't read this until Sunday. We needed another 10 miles. I guess we should have turned around and started back.