Sunday, November 16, 2008

Clear

The week started gray, cold, and wet. Not a lot of hope for better weather as the week started. I rode in the garage Monday and Wednesday only to wake up on Thursday with clear blue skies. It was incredible to have such weather in November in Oregon. When I woke up on Saturday morning and it still was clear, although it was cold, it warmed my heart to see a cloud free sky and dry roads. Cassie had to be at swim team practice by 7 AM so I rode with her over to the pool at 6:45 AM. From the pool, I headed up Chehalem mountaing. Going up was warm and cozy. I didn't work that hard since I didn't want to sweat that much as it was only 40 degrees. The 4 miles down the back side were cold. The payoff was the view from the top. The sun was just peaking over the ridge line, casting shadows in the valley. There was a light fog in the crevaces of the valleys. The tall pines would pierce the upper layer of fog as if trying to escape to greet the morning sun.

I rode out to the start line of the Reach the Beach ride and back over Krueger road, by the green house, and Gibb cemetary. I felt good, like I could ride all day. If I didn't have more to do, I would have continued to ride. All told, I rode over 2 hours for 36 miles.

After the ride, I took Craig to basketball placements and allowed others to talk me into coaching a team. I know a little about basketball and am excited about the opportunity to help 5th and 6th grade boys learn a little about the game as well. We start this next week.

After basketball, we headed to Monmouth to watch the C's high school team play in the state football playoffs. It was fun to watch her get excited, cheer, yell, and show some school spirit. There is passion there for her alma mater. Ontario kept the game close but couldn't close the deal, just too many turnovers. Without the turnovers, regulation ends either in a tie or they win but they ended up losing 28-14. Ontario had only 8 seniors on the team with a lot of juniors. They should be good next year. Hopefully we can see them play again.

Saturday night was Cassie's first church dance. I was so excited for her to go. She danced all night and had a great time. Has it really been 14 years? It goes by so fast.

No comments: