Sunday, October 26, 2008

Slowing

Not much to write about the last few weeks - just running, riding, watching football and soccer, going to church activities, and working. The plan to maintain the gains has been at work for the last two weeks. I have ran twice a week for the last three weeks. It feels painful enough and I get a good work out. The riding has come down as well. The frequency is off only slightly but the miles are down significantly. I have only been averaging about 60 miles per week. I only need to average 35 a week to hit 5K for the year. The legs feel good and the weight is stable. The key has been eating less and staying active. Let's see how disciplined I am during the holidays.

Some interesting news from the pro tour, Ivan Basso place third in the Japan Cup. Another former TdF contender is making his comeback. I have always like Basso and it is good to see that he is back on the bike and riding for Liquigas. I will have to get LG stuff to add to the hat I have. It is going to be an interesting 2009 Pro Cycling season with the stacked Astana with Contador, Armstrong, Leipheimer, and Kloden, the return of Basso, several new teams, and all the normal cycling destinations with the usual fun.

Final game notes - Craig had his final football game on Saturday. He carried the ball 3 times for 43 yards. He was slipping tackles, sliding through holes, and running away from people. I just wish he had more carries. He had a good game and a good season. As we were walking off the field, I look down at him and he is holding back the tears. I asked him what was wrong. He was sad that it was over, even though it was tough and painful, he still wanted to keep playing. I knew exactly what he meant and how he felt. I had been there. I just put my arm around him and gave him a hug. Thanks Craig for the memories and for loving footbal as much as I do.



The primary colors went for a ride on Saturday morning. Cassie dressed in blue, OB12OLD in yellow, and I was in my usual red. Cassie was motivated and rode hard. Pa was making a recovery ride from a back strain and pneumonia. I just sat back on enjoyed the fun.

No comments: